What better than making use of the season’s abundance of fruits in a healthy and delicious way, just like this:
For the salad:
- 1 medium-size pineapple cut into round slices
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 Cup lettuce roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp pomegranate pearls
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 1 tsp fresh cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
- With a sharp knife, cut off the crown and the base of pineapple.
- Remove the skin and cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices.
- Grill the pineapple slices on a greased grill pan over medium heat, turning once.
- Place the diced pepper in the same pan for grilling.
- Grill pineapple and pepper till charred marks appear on them. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Combine all the ingredients for dressing in a bowl and whisk using a fork. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in a salad bowl. Add the grilled pineapple and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss the salad gently in the dressing.
- Drizzle honey, olive oil and lemon juice over the salad.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and serve the grilled pineapple salad.
More from: Blogs