After the scorching heat of the summers and the humidity of the monsoon, winters are the coziest seasons of all; warm food and hot beverages, while you are cuddled in the blanket make it all up.
But winter is also an invitation to cold and flu. There are some things you can’t consume like cold eatables or drinks, lest you catch the cold! But if you didn’t know, we are here to tell you that just by adding a little ginger and garlic to your everyday food, you can keep the cold away for good, apart from a lot other things! Here are a few ways you can add more ginger and garlic to your food and the reasons:
- If you are a tea lover, switch to adding a bit of ginger in your tea everyday. It makes it taste a hundred times better, but also comes with plenty of health benefits! It keeps you warm, which is why so many people opt for tea multiple times a day during the winters! It also boosts your immunity.
- Ginger also helps in digestion, so you can say goodbye to all the gastric problems! It improved your blood circulation to a great extent. Here’s a tip: add some ginger paste to your food everyday, and it’ll taste much better. Another tip: Mother’s Recipe has ginger paste, so you should load up on it!
- Ginger keeps you extremely hydrated, so it is all the more reason you should add it to your diet. If you have respiratory issues, you have lucked in! Ginger is known to reduce respiratory problems, and help you breathe and feel better. Here are a few foods you can add ginger to: tea, Upma, pongal, anything Indo-Chinese that you make.
- Garlic shall not be left out. Garlic, just like ginger, keeps you warm. It is also a great source of minerals, like calcium, iron, copper, phosphorus, and potassium. Vitamin C is essential for your body as it helps in fighting seasonal ailments, builds immunity and strengthens your body. Garlic is rich in Vitamin C, so the more you consume, the more you are protected from common colds and flu.
- As displeasing as it sounds, eating raw garlic can help in reducing your cholesterol levels and improve the health of your heart. It also contains a certain component that helps in thinning your blood vessels.
- Did you know you could have garlic tea? Just like ginger tea, garlic tea helps keep you absolutely warm during winters. It’s absolutely easy to make and only requires a few cloves of garlic, some cinnamon, lemon and honey!
- Garlic is known to increase your defence against allergies, and also regulates your blood sugar levels. Not just that, it also helps in recovery from cancer because it contains an anti-cancer agent called germanium. Garlic, like ginger, also increases your blood circulation and boosts immunity.
Ginger and garlic make a great combination as well! They add a great flavour to your everyday food, making it taste much, much better. You can add it to almost anything, and relish in the delicacy. If you are someone who loves ginger & garlic in everything, we think you should check out Mother’s Recipe Ginger Garlic Paste. It tastes exactly the same as the one in your house, but is easier to use and find, and not to forget, extremely affordable!
If you are wondering how to add more ginger and garlic to your food, worry not! Mother’s Recipe has ginger paste, garlic paste, as well as ginger-garlic paste that is readily available, absolutely easy to use and delicious!
Did you know that Mother’s recipe also has garlic pickle? So the next time you’re having some curd rice or parathas, keep with you a pack of Mother’s Recipe Garlic Pickle and enjoy the scrumptious side dish to your food!
Mother’s Recipe products are all free of preservatives and free of added flavours. What you see is what you get, and it’s all natural!